Monday, July 5, 2010

"Who Said What?"

So, HAPPY (belated) FOURTH OF JULY!!!!
Wow...so many things have happened, leading up to this day. First off, it was weird having the 4th fall directly on a Sunday, but this had little to no affect on the festivities. It kind of added to them. Service was wonderful and the singing was amazing-ahem, if I may say so myself. lol
The Pastor began to announce prayer for Gwendolyn Collins because she was leaving, when my sister corrected him with a loud, "I'm not going anywhere." haha People confuse us. I know, right? Baffles us as well. So, he managed to correct that it was I and not my sister going to Romania, but failed to let people know that I am, in fact, coming BACK. For now.
Mama slaved in the kitchen, Daddy grilled out with the boys help, and Cathy finally made it over looking beautiful as ever. AND we were all occupied keeping our baby Isabel entertained. It's so hard to understand how one small, tiny person can change so much. She's my joy. I see her and I smile. I want to spend every waking moment with her, and what I have pales in comparison to value or worth when around her. My phone is just a phone (usually used for her entertaining) and there's nothing she can't do. :) It's craziness.
We eventually made our way outside for some badmitton and Isabel's first pool party experience. haha She was the only one with the pool. And to our delight, she made the greatest facial expression YET! lol And yes, we were all hovered around taking loads of pictures. ;)
Michelle came over just as we were wrapping up the last of our failed attempt at a simple sport. haha She got to see Isabel and then amongst the chatter, she reminded us about last year's fourth of July. The BEST EVER! haha
Which brought up the game we had invented on that momentous occasion. So out came the phones, and the games re-began. lol It will never be quite like the first gaming experience, but it was highly entertaining. We laughed so hard. And then somehow, in the midst of all this, I ended up texting some random guy. lol I seriously doubt anything could ever come of this, but I'm also a firm believer that God has a purpose and a reason to every action and reaction, even if done in stupidity. It will be interesting to see where this leads to if anything. haha
As of today, I have the day off and am about to make my shopping list and tackle the stores and packing for Romania. I am excited!!! Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment